CorrLinks is an innovative way of communication, introduced by the Federal Bureau of Prisons that allows the inmates to send or receive to from their dear ones. It is similar to popular email service providers out there such as Yahoo, Gmail, etc., and is rapidly extending to different states. This fee-based email system is originally owned by a private company and currently operates under the supervision of the Federal Bureau of Prison across all federal prisons.
If we go a few years back in past, who would have thought that there will be a service named CorrLinks, with which you do not have to wait to get a letter by mail? Now, no matter how far you are, the CorrLinks email system will help you in staying in touch with people who are behind the bars. The whole process is being effectively managed that most of the time, it will take just 2-3 hours to send a message.
In the beginning, Corrlinks just provides you with an approved list of emails but now, many advanced options have been introduced to Corrlinks services.
How does CorrLinksLogin work?
Inmates are given the accessibility of dedicated computer systems that are commonly based in the Law Library or other areas of every prison. Every inmate can access these computer systems during recreational times, create their account, adds the funds, and send emails. Once the email is sent by an inmate, it takes around 2-3 hours to reach its destination. During this time, the relevant agencies analyze every message and then approve if it doesn’t their terms.
Although, it shares similarities with your regular email service provider logging into your CorrLinks account involves some additional steps. How does CorrLinks email login works is simply explained in a few words down below:
Firstly, you need to set up your CorrLinks account, by agreeing on the terms and it will be followed by adding the funds into your account through Visa, or MasterCard. However, you will need to enter the identification code while setting up your account, received through the invitation email from the inmate. Once done setting up the account, now you’re able to send messages at $0.25 and $0.30 rates.
Don’t worry, we’ve explained everything in detail that might come to your mind while setting up the account or using the Corrlinks email services.
How to set up your CorrLinks account?
Setting up a Corrlinks account is a bit different therefore you must follow these steps to avoid difficulty at any point.
Only the inmate can open a request to communicate with any person if he has his email address. The invitation email sent by the Corrlinks team will have a unique code, and the name of the inmate will also be mentioned there. It is also important to mention that only the email on which you received the code, can be used to create an account on Corrlinks.
Although it isn’t required to have a registered email to create a Corrlinks account, without registration, you wouldn’t be able to send an email to the inmate.
Before going to set up an account, make sure that you have an active internet connection. Now, you need to navigate to the official website of Corrlinks where you’ve to click on the “Register” button, located in the center of the page.
On the next page, you have to enter all the required details carefully and enter your identification (got from the invitation link) in the very last box. Then, tick-mark the age option and click on the Next button in the lower-right corner of the page.
After that, go and check your email address (with which you registered your Corrlinks account) and click on the verification link.
Now, it’s time to add your billing details and some other details for verification purposes.
Sending Messages from Corrlinks
Once your account is fully set up, then you will be able to send messages to approved inmates. Remember you must have enough funds in your account, or you need to add funds if currently, your account is empty. Down in this article, we’ve explained how you can add funds to your Corrlinks account.
For every message, you would be charged $0.25 – $0.30, and every single message is analyzed by the Corrlinks staff before reaching the corresponding inmate.
Note: If the sent message violates the terms issued by the Corrlinks, then it will be rejected and the fee will not be refunded.
Composing a message through Corrlinks email is pretty much similar to writing a regular email. Let’s have a look at how you can send messages from your Corrlinks login email.
- Firstly, log in to your account, and there you can see the “MailBox” option, just click it and a new window will be opened with different options.
- Now, click on the very first option “New Message” and you will be taken to a new window, where you can three boxes for composing a message.
- Then, enter the email of the corresponding inmate in the first box. However, when you will click on the “To” option, from the drop-down option, you will see the list of all the inmates to whom you can send the message. After that, enter the subject on the next box and on the last box, you have to enter your message.
- Next, click on send button or save button depending upon your preference. You can see all the saved messages in the draft folder from the Mailbox. You can also click on the saved message to edit or change them.
- Similarly, you can also view the sent messages Remember that your message will be saved for the next-30, and after that, it will be deleted from the database.
CorrLinksLogin from Mobile
Corrlinks has proved to be revolutionary for those who are currently incarcerated in prisons and wanted to connect with their dear ones. But now, the Bureau of Prisons took another great step by introducing the Corrlinks Mobile application. Now, you do not need to stick to your laptop screen, waiting for the replies, as this CorrLinks Mobile application can be installed on any smartphone device.
You will be notified every time you got the message, and most importantly, it is absolutely free for outsiders. Moreover, CorrLinks mobile application is available both in iOS as well as Android versions.
Installing CorrLinks login mobile app is similar to installing a regular mobile application and its file size is just 4.82 MBs.
Benefits of Using the Mobile Application
- By installing the application, your messages will be saved in the database, for 60-days instead of 30 days.
- The hectic of logging, whenever you use the website, will be diminished as with the help of a mobile application, you will always be logged in.
- All the incoming messages will automatically be downloaded.
- You can log in to your Corrlinks account from upto 3 different mobile devices.
- Above all, you wouldn’t need to solve the captcha every time.
Note: You can only use the Corrlinks Login application if you’ve already subscribed to the premier account.
Corrlinks Forgot Password
No problem if you forgot the login email or password for the Corrlinks account, as it is quite simple to reset and just requires a few steps. Corrlinks have a self-resetting tool that but firstly, you need to answer a few questions to prove that you’re the reason person. While Corrlinks staff cannot do anything to reset your registered email or password and neither they can provide you with your previous password or email address. All you need is to go to the official CorrLinksLogin page and there you can see Forgot Your Password option just below the login, click it and from there you can continue the process.
Adding Funds to Your Corrlinks Account
Since the Corrlinks log page is a fee-based inmate communicating system therefore you’ve to add the funds into your Corrlinks account in order to send the messages. Corrlinks supports both credit cards as well as a debit card and you can add the funds via Visa, or MasterCard.
Note: With the Corrlinks network, you cannot send money to inmates, as it is just an email communicating service.
Follow these steps to add funds to your CorrLinks account.
- Login to your Corrlinks email and on the main menu, you will see the recharge option on the center, just click it.
- A new window will open where you can see multiple boxes and now you need to enter the accurate details such as billing information and then enter the number of funds.
- After a successful transaction from your account, a confirmation window will pop up and after that, you will be able to send the messages.
Sending Images from Corrlinks
Yes, you can also send photos to inmates via Corrlinks: Here’s how you can do it:
- Firstly, go to the main page of Corrlinks and log in to your registered account.
- There you can see the Photos option, just click it and you’ll be taken to a new window.
- Click on Upload New Photos and then you’ve to choose the file from your computer that you want to send.
- Add the captions for the photos and then click on the upload button.
- In the end, you’ve to click OK on the dialogue confirmation and now you are able to send the uploaded photos to inmates.
- Now, select images that you want to send and add them to your message, and click on the send button. That’s it.
Setting up Corrlinks Text Service
Corrlinks also offers monthly text services which enable you to send and receive emails directly on your mobile phones. So you will get all the emails even if you don’t have data plans. It is important to mention that it is an optional service that can be sign-up upon request and after entering your credit card details. However, these text services are only available for AT&T T-Mobile, Sprint, and Verizon.
Corrlinks offers the following 3 packages for Text-Service:
- $6 per month
- $12 for 3 months
- $36 for 12 months
Your credit card will automatically be charged once the duration (according to your package) is completed, however, you also need to extend your package.
Note: If you’re already using the free Corrlinks account and signed up for a Premier account then there is no need to set up Text Service. Also, this text service doesn’t include the charges for sending the messages.
Follow these steps to setup text-service on your phone number:
- Once you log in to your account, there you can see a Text-Message option, just click it.
- In the next step, you need to choose your phone carrier and enter the phone number there.
- After that, you have to enter the 5-digit verification code (you will on the email within a few minutes) and then you’ve to enter more details such as credit card information, address and tick-mark the Agree to Terms and Conditions option.
- Now, you will receive all the emails on your phone no, if the transaction from your credit card is successful.
Blocking/Unblocking an Inmate
Here’s you can block anyone from your Corrlinks account:
- Firstly, log in to your account and click on the account-management option.
- From there, go to your inmate’s list and with every inmate name, you can see the block option.
However, the process for unblocking an inmate is a bit different, follow these steps to avoid any difficulty.
- Unblock requires you to send a request in written form to the relevant institution that you want to unblock this inmate.
- All you need is to visit www.bop.gov and there you will see a mailing address where you have to send the unblock-request.
- You are required to re-add your email address in order to get the invitation code, once you’re done with unblocking.
- In the end, you need to enter the id number after logging into your Corrlinks account.
Corrlinks Customer Service
You might have a few queries that must be answered therefore you can contact Corrlinks customer service. Connecting with Corrlinks customer service is quite easy, as all you need is to visit here. And, you will be taken to their official website where you’ve to select relevant queries.
Then, enter your email address (registered with Corrlinks) in the next tab and click on the go button to continue.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can all inmates use CorrLinks?
Only the federally imprisoned inmates can use the Corrlinks services to communicate with their dear ones. However, this revolutionized communication system is rapidly being incorporated in different states.
2. How many photos you can upload at a time?
Up to 7 files can be uploaded at one time.
3. Is Corrlinks free?
The public will not be charged for sending the messages to inmates, however, rates approved by the respective agencies are applicable to the inmates. Inmates will be additionally charged if they sign up for text services or for a premier account that has to be paid regularly.
4. How to Verify your Account Itself?
Before using your account sending or the messages, your account must be verified and this is how you can verify your account. Once you’re done entering all the details in the relevant boxes and click on registered your email. Then, you will receive the email with a link in it, then you’ve to enter more details for additional verification.
5. How long the approval does take?
While attempting to send a message to the inmate, the message “Pending Approval” will pop up on your screen. It will take a day or less for the authorities to check the content of your message before sending it to the inmate.
6. Can other than federally imprisoned inmates be allowed to communicate?
Currently, Corrlinks is only available for federally imprisoned inmates and it is rapidly increasing for new states as well.
7. How long message take to deliver?
Messages can take up to 1-hour to deliver as they are thoroughly analyzed by the staff before reaching to its destination.
8. Why I didn’t get the invitation request from the inmate?
Sometimes, you might have to face some delays while receiving an invitation request from the inmate but you are also advised to check the spam folder of your email. Because oftentimes, the invitation email goes there instead of inbox.
9. How to enable email-alert?
You might miss replying to the inmates on time, if for reasons you’re not regularly checking the inmate website. The best solution is to enable the email alerts so you will be notified every time you get a message from the inmate. All you have to do is to click on the “Enable Email Alert” check box while accepting any request from the inmate.
10. How do I cancel my Corrlinks account?
Firstly, you need to login into your account and you will see the “Account Management” option in the middle. Click on this option and a new window will be opened where you can open a request to cancel your Corrlinks account.
For those who are currently incarcerated and separated from their loved ones, CorrLinks is a lifeline. With the help of this prison email service, inmates can send unlimited text messages to friends and family members for just $1 per month.
You can now use CorrLinks to text message, anyone, you want, and they don’t even need a cell phone. With the help of our step-by-step guide for setting up your account, we hope that it is easier than ever before to send messages from Corrlinks. We also offer an in-depth tutorial on how to set up your account so that funds are accessible when needed. If you have any questions about this process or anything else related to CorrLinksLogin Service, please feel free to contact us!